FIND US ON FACEBOOK     Friends of the ABC     CLUB CHAT ROOM AND LOUNGE     VIEW ACTIVE TOPICS     ABC CLUB STICKERS 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:51 pm
Portal » Board index » Engines

Author
Search for:

Cash on hand:
110.00 Points

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:43 am 
Hey guys,went down to the boat today to check on it and start it up. It's been about 4 weeks since I last started it. It's a 97 oceanrunner 200. It usually takes a few tries to get her going. It started and stalled. I then gave it a little throttle and when it started, it raced up past 5,000 rpms , I threw it back to neutral and it was still racing so I shut off the key. I waited a few then started it again and it did the same.

I've owned the boat about 4 years and haven't touched the cables or carbs. Took off the cover and looked at the linkage and it seemed ok. What do you think I should check? I have a factory manual somewhere, just looking for a little direction where to start. I know a few of you have these engines. Any help would be appreciated, thanks- John :)

Jump to: